This yoga for menstrual cramps sequence is also great for relaxation so anyone can enjoy it anytime. Men and women will benefit from this sequence, and in fact, all yoga really. Yoga is not as hard as it may look to be. Yoga is about lengthening, strengthening, and stretching the body. Yoga is also about expanding the mind and loving your soul. The routine I have created was for a private group lesson. The group requested a video of the routine so I made one. I was so happy to hear they enjoyed it so much.
Yoga For Menstrual Cramps and Stress Relief Sequence
First you can start with any pranayama technique you’d like. Pranayama is breath techniques. Prana means “vital energy” and yama means “control. Breath control is extremely important in yoga because it relaxes the mind and helps ease you into each pose and get you through each pose.
When you see “hold 30 seconds to 1 minute” if you do 30 seconds on one leg, do so on the other leg; go for even time each side.
- Cat/cow pose: 10-20x
- Rock & Roll: 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Locked hand raise pose: 3x with cleansing breath
- Sun Salutation A Warm Up: 3 times
- Triangle Pose: Hold 30 sec to 1 min each leg
- Warrior 2 pose: Hold 30 sec to 1 min each leg
- Extended side angle pose: Hold 30 sec to 1 min each leg
- Intense side stretch pose: Hold 30 sec to 1 min each leg
- Leg lock pose: 3x each leg, 3 second holds OR 3x both legs at same time with 3 second holds
- Boat Pose: 3x Hold 8-10 seconds
- Churns: 5-10 times clockwise and repeat same amount you choose counterclockwise
- Bridge pose: 3x hold 30 seconds
- Cobra: 3x hold 15-30 seconds
- Easy twist: hold 30 seconds to 1 minute each side
- Half lord of the fishes pose: hold 30 seconds to 1 min each side
- Animal relaxation pose: hold 1 minute each side
- “Butterfly”, “Bound angle pose”, “Cobbler” (has different names to it): Hold 1-2 minutes
- Corpse pose for relaxation: relax and meditate for 5, 8 or 10 minutes.
This sequence is just one of many possibilities for period cramps and relaxation/stress relief. I hope you try it and enjoy it.