Sangria is the perfect summer beverage, but it’s not always perfect for for those who don’t drink or can’t drink (due to pregnancy, meds, being under age, or any other reasons). So it’s time to make some star spangled sangria 3 ways that includes two non-alcohol recipes. In fact, the 3rd way can even be made with apple juice instead of wine. Sparking cider would work too!
The first way I make sangria is with coconut water. The second way I made it with sparkling water and watermelon juice, and the third way was the traditional white wine way (well red is really more traditional, but wine is used in sangria recipes so that’s why I say it’s the traditional way). But remember, you can always use apple juice or cider in place of the wine.
I love the 4th of July and this sangria recipe is a hit at parties. Especially if there are kids around, then you really want to make all three ways non-alcohol. The star cut fruits and the colorful berries really embrace the holiday, but also add the perfect flavor to your beverages.
I personally like to garnish the glass with a star spangled fruit kebob, like this…
The recipe for the three sangrias are quite easy, but I highly recommend watching my video above to see exactly what to do.
- 3 Lemons
- Coconut water
- Sparkling Water
- Watermelon Juice
- Juice one small personal watermelon and 3 lemons for one Sangria
- Cut watermelon and pineapple horizontally into 1/2 or 1/4 inch rounds
- Take a small star cookie cutter and cut out as many stars as you can
- Thoroughly clean all the berries, then slice the strawberries
- Add coconut water to one pitcher, watermelon lemonade to another, and sparkling water to another
- Add the fruit in any order you'd like. Serve with garnished fruit kebab