A spinach berry smoothie recipe is great for a quick mid-morning or mid-day snack for a serving of fruit and vegetables.
Spinach is a superfood (because of all the nutrients it has) and berries are packed full of antioxidants. The coconut water in this smoothie has potassium and electrolytes; it’s known as nature’s sports drink.
Smoothies shouldn’t be packed full of junk (like cookies, pudding, ice-cream, etc that I see in some gross YouTube Videos), smoothies should be replenishing and packed full of protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. What you put into your body matters, always remember “You are what you eat”. If you eat processed sugary foods, you won’t be sweet, you’ll gain weight and be at risk for diabetes. If you eat processed meats, you’ll just feel sluggish. All I can do is “repeat repeat repeat” to make sure that I help influence our society today to do a better job with eating and having concern for what goes into their bodies.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 cup mixed spinach and kale (or just spinach, or just kale)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups coconut water
- 6-10 sprigs of mint (to taste, I like a minty berry taste)
- Clean and cut off tops of strawberries
- Clean and prepare mint, spinach and kale
- Add all ingredients to the Blendtec Blender
- Blend until smooth and enjoy