Spirulina is an excellent source for a supplemental vegetarian protein powder. This green smoothie video recipe will explain the benefits of spirulina while I make a fruity, and delicious, green smoothie.
The health benefits of Spirulina and the green smoothie recipe include: Good Source of Vegetable Protein, Clears Toxins, Immune Boosting, Destroys yeast (good for combating Candida), Helps with Seasonal Allergies, Balances blood pressure, Naturally normalizes Cholesterol, Lowers Risk of Stroke, and Helps reduce risk of Cancer.
Spirulina contains the highest protein and beta-carotene levels of all the green super foods, and is rich in GLA (gamma linolenic acid). Spirulina is also a good source of vitamin B-12, which most vegans and vegetarians lack in when they omit meat from their diet.
- 1/2 cup Pineapple (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1/2 cup Mango (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1 1/4 cup Coco Libre Organic Coconut Water 1 Liter. Pack of 4. (33.8 Fl Oz.) - Gluten Free.
- 1/2 to 1 TBS Spirulina Powder Organic - Spirulina platensis, 4 Oz,(Starwest Botanicals)
- OPTIONAL Add 1 TBS Coconut Oil
- Add all measured ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth and enjoy.