If you’ve been missing smore’s due to allergies, this Gluten-free Vegan S’mores Pudding is sure to hit the spot. This full recipe isn’t quite “paleo” due to the graham and marshmallow but the pudding part should be right up the paleo alley! So there, something for everyone.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE s’mores. When I was a kid I loved everything s’mores flavored. S’mores pop tarts, s’mores ice cream, and the actual campfire s’more the most (obviously)! Ever since my 20’s (yeah I’m now 32, not too shy to say it) when I found out I was gluten sensitive… (technically not allergic because I don’t go into anaphylaxis, yet I do get skin breakouts and stomach issues) I’ve missed s’mores. Sure they’re also not the healthiest things to be eating, but oh how that flavor combo is so DAMN good. Of course everything in moderation is just fine. Except water, no need for moderation there… or veggies… go ahead and get crazy with some water and veggies. Okay maybe that’s just my thing, but it should be everyone’s thing!
- Gluten free and/or vegan graham crackers
- Vegan marshmallows
- Allergy Free "Enjoy Life" chocolate chunks
- For the pudding:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for 2 hrs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 6 TBS Raw cacao powder
- 4 TBS Coconut oil melted
- 4 TBS 100% Pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Rinse 1/2 cup of cashews and then soak the 1/2 cup cashews for 2 hours (I left mine soaking for 3 and it was still fine)
- After the nuts are done soaking drain them and add the cashews to your Vitamix blender
- Next add in the 1/2 cup almond milk, the 6 TBS cacao powder, 4 TBS melted coconut oil, 4 TBS maple syrup, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and the pinch of salt.
- Blend it up!
- After it's well mixed (will look soupy) add mixture to a ziploc bag, seal shut, then refrigerate for 2 hours. Don't let it become too hard! Just firm enough and able to squeeze through the baggie.
- Take the graham bites and line on a baking sheet with mini marshmallows on top and broil just until marshmallows begin to toast. Remove from oven, let cool slightly.
- Layer a bowl or ball jar with pudding, then graham marshmallow, then pudding, then graham marshmallow.
- Enjoy immediately!
How can marshmallows not be vegan?
I once wondered how simple marshmallows weren’t vegan, but the gelatin in them is the non-vegan part. I don’t like to use the Jet Puff brand anyway (even if I’m not vegan) because they used blue and red dye in them! WHY THE EFF does a marshmallow need food dye? Ugh, food dye is crappy no-good junk.
What brands to buy
I LOVE the Dandies brand so much. I can’t recommend it enough. These marshmallows are so flavorful, melt well, and have a great texture.
For Gluten-free (non-vegan) graham crackers I HIGHLY recommend Pamela’s GF Graham Bites
For Vegan graham crackers the Enjoy Life bran is excellent. If you get these, just break them up into smaller bits.