The first video I made was 5 easy workouts from your couch, now I’ve thought of 7 more exercises to do from the couch. Working out is imperative for a healthy lifestyle. Adults need at least 150 minutes per week of exercise; that includes aerobic and anaerobic. Aerobic is cardio (so even as little as 20 minutes walking three times per week makes all the difference). Anaerobic is strength training, which needs to be done at a minimum of twice per week.
A lot of people have excuses on why they can’t workout, but I say “If you have time for TV, you have time to workout”. So even if you are hooked to watching TV, at least do these exercises during commercials, because something is better than nothing. There’s even a program out there, Couch to 5k, which can help you get off the couch and get moving and work toward the goal to be able to do a 5k. Whether you run or walk it, at least you’ll be exercising.
Water is an important part of any workout, and hydration one of the keys to being healthy. So make sure you drink at least 64 ounces of water daily (that’s eight 8 ounce glasses of water). I like to drink my water from this amazing glass rubber protected bottle from Life Factory.
7 Easy Workouts from your Couch
1. Pillow shoulder lifts and twists. Do at least 25, and try to work up each time.
2. In and Outs. Do 25 or more, try to work up more each time. Feel it burn.
3. Table Top. Do for 30, 60, or 90 seconds. Don’t do too much at first, you can work your way up.
4. Plank. Hold for 30, 60, or 90 seconds. Again, don’t do too much at first, you can work your way up.
5. Hip Thrusts. Thrust or hold up-thrust position. Thrust 12-15 times (work your way up) or hold for 30-60 seconds.
6. Crunches, sit-ups, or crunching arm flutters. Do 25-30 or more. If doing crunch arm flutters, hold up the crunch and flutter arms for 30 seconds or more.
7. Run in place! Seems easy, but it’s great for getting the heart rate up. Do it for 30-60 seconds.
Repeat all workouts 3-5 times.
Don’t forget, you can always hire me for a personal workout and nutrition plan to help you get in, and stay in, shape.